Commendations and Presidential Greetings
Ways We Can Help
1. Recognize a community accomplishment or honor through a Congressional Commendation
2. Request a Presidential Greeting for a notable achievement or milestone
Our office is happy to recognize accomplishments of 11th District constituents such as Boy Scout or Girl Scout honors, significant birthdays and wedding anniversaries, and retirements as well as other notable civic or community honors or recognitions with a letter of congratulations or congressional certificate.
For questions about the required information, please contact our Walnut Creek District Office at (925) 933-2660.
Presidential greetings are available for select birthday and anniversary celebrations. They are also available for births and weddings.
If you would like to self-request a Presidential greeting please click the link below.
- The White House will send greetings only to United States citizens for special occasions as outlined below.
- Whenever possible, all greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately 14 days prior to the event. All baby's birth greetings will be sent after the event.
- The guidelines for some of the most commonly requested greetings are as follows:
Baby’s Birth Greeting: available for babies within a year of the birth date. Please make your request after the baby is born.
Birthday Greeting: available for civilians celebrating their 80th (or greater) birthday and veterans celebrating their 70th (or greater) birthday. Please make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of the birthday.
Retirement Greeting: available for 20 years of service or longer.
Wedding Greeting: If you would like to receive your wedding greeting before the event, please make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of the date and submit using maiden names.
Wedding Anniversary Greeting: available to couples who are celebrating their 50th (or greater) wedding anniversary. Please make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of the anniversary.