Agency Help

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 11th Congressional District of California can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. To start this process, my office will need your written authorization.

Complete and digitally sign a privacy authorization form or complete the fields in the Authorization Form below and generate a printable page that you can sign and return via fax or by mail to one of the district offices. 

In order to provide better service to my constituents, I have two district offices in California. The offices are located in Walnut Creek and Richmond. Both offices are open from 8 am to 5 pm PST.

Please contact us at my Walnut Creek Office (phone 925-933-2660, fax 925-933-2677) or Richmond Office (phone 510-620-1000, fax 510-620-1005) if you need assistance with issues of federal jurisdiction in any of the following areas:

  • Medicare and Medicare Part D
  • Social Security
  • Veteran's Affairs
  • Immigration
  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  • Federal Worker's Compensation
  • Public Housing
  • Small Business Administration
  • Federal Retirement
  • Educational Financial Aid

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence

Assistance Regarding the Situation in Afghanistan and Resettlement Efforts

The situation in Afghanistan and subsequent evacuation have left many in need of support. If you or a family member require assistance, please reach out to our office or one of the key agencies and departments responsible for providing or coordinating the delivery of U.S. aid and participation in relief efforts, whose telephone numbers and other contact information can be found at the following websites.

U.S. Department of State

United States Agency for International Development (USAID)

Department of Veterans Affairs

Authorization Form

In order to better serve you, this form will generate a printable page that you should sign and mail to our office.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if an individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number, and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.

This is a three-step process.  Step one is to fill in the form with the required data, then click the “Generate Request for Review” button at the bottom of the page.  Once reviewed, print and mail, fax, or hand-deliver the document to our office.  The address and fax number are on the generated page.


In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, I give Congressman Mark DeSaulnier authority to act on my behalf.

  marks required fields of data.

Your Information

What are these options?
This is to help the constituents that are hard of hearing or use a video phone alert us to that fact so we can use the proper technology when we need to call them. The default option “Voice” is a normal audible telephone.

Print This Form

Use the Generate Request for Review button to produce the document to authorize our office to help you. Then sign it and mail, fax, or hand deliver it to the address shown on the document. Please include any other documents or material that you think would help our office help you.