Coronavirus Update: Democrats Pass Bill to Protect the Lives and Livelihoods of Americans
Our frontline workers, small businesses, and everyday Americans need our help as our nation continues to weather the coronavirus pandemic. Democrats in the House developed and passed a plan to get much-needed resources into our communities. That plan, called the HEROES Act, puts nearly $3 trillion toward combatting the economic and health impacts of the virus. Included in the HEROES Act is:
- $93.2 billion for California to pay frontline health workers;
- An additional rebate payment of $1,200 per person in a household up to $6,000;
- $3.6 billion to support nationwide vote by mail, early voting, and resources to protect poll workers;
- $10 billion more for California small businesses;
- A $200 billion “Heroes Fund” to increase pay for frontline workers including health care workers, police, fire, transportation, EMS, teachers and other vital workers who keep us safe and are in danger of losing their jobs;
- Stronger protections for safe workplaces;
- $75 billion more for testing and contact tracing;
- Free treatment for coronavirus for everyone;
- Additional funding for hospitals and health care providers;
- Health insurance for employees who lose their jobs;
- Increased SNAP and school nutrition support; and
- A fund to assist renters and homeowners to make housing payments
The Senate should swiftly pass this legislation and the President should sign it without delay. The American people cannot wait any longer.
As new resources and information become available, we will continue to update the coronavirus resources section of our website here. As always, if our office can be of assistance to you, please contact us at (925) 933-2660.