The DeSaulnier Digest Has A New Look
We are pleased to unveil the new look of our weekly newsletter. This new design features a cleaner, modern design that will better serve constituents by connecting you with the latest news and issues impacting our community, providing new opportunities to directly share your opinion with me, and sharing the services my office provides. This new streamlined design will better serve residents who are reading updates on-the-go on their mobile devices, while still connecting with those using desktop.
Additionally, we are releasing a set of issue one-pagers that summarize my work. In addition to the ones provide below, you can view these documents under our issues section on our website.
My hope is that this new design will facilitate greater engagement with the community, and I look forward to incorporating the feedback we receive into our work in Congress. The first edition is a snapshot of what we have accomplished thus far.
Member of Congress
Serving Contra Costa Residents
Mark's Constituent Success Stories
- "Rep. DeSaulnier never stopped working on my behalf, and with his assistance I have gained closure to a 40-year-old case that I never had before." - Linda, Veteran from Concord
- "Congressman DeSaulnier assisted me in receiving the benefits that I have earned as well as a $6,000 retroactive payment. I am grateful for all of the help that his office provided me." - Susan, Pittsburg
- "Congressman DeSaulnier helped me reinstate my visa, allowing me to return home and establish my life in Contra Costa with my family." - Alfredo, Richmond
Mark's Position on the Issues
Working as a Member in the Minority, Mark has successfully passed 28 legislative efforts, since coming to Congress less than four years ago. Below is where he stands on the issues.
- Jobs and the Economy: As a member on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce and a former small business owner, Mark has seen firsthand the need to enact policies that advance all workers, prepare them for the jobs of the future, and support our economy.
- Education: Mark is an advocate for quality education. From preschool to higher education and beyond, he values a public education, programs to support the "whole child," and ensuring that all students gain the skills they need to succeed in our rapidly changing workplace.
- Transportation: Mark knows how important clean, safe, and efficient transportation systems are to a dynamic and innovative California economy. He is fighting for the federal investments needed to improve traffic congestion and improve commutes in places like the Bay Area.
- Health Care: All Americans should have quality, affordable health insurance. In addition to being a strong proponent of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Mark is a supporter of investing in research and innovation in new treatments and cures, addressing prescription drug affordability, and stemming the tide of the opioid epidemic in America.
What People Are Saying About Mark
- Reps. DeSaulnier and Carter's Legislation to Curb Fraudulent Prescriptions Signed into Law: East County Today, October 30, 2018
- Runway safety bill signed into law after near-disasters at SFO: East Bay Times, October 5, 2018
- Concord migrant detention center won't be built, Mark DeSaulnier says: San Francisco Chronicle, June 27, 2018
- Richmond's downtown post office, which many consider a historic landmark, will remain open and operational: East Bay Times, July 18, 2018
- Rep. DeSaulnier Secures Funding for Transportation Centers, Autonomous Vehicle Testing, Other Priorities: East County Today, March 28, 2018
Mark is a Model in Congress
"Rep. DeSaulnier and his staff are to be congratulated for not only being a model for colleagues in Congress, but for helping to restore trust and faith that our democratic institutions can work."
-Bradford Fitch, President & CEO of the Congressional Management Foundation