AT A GLANCE
In this Digest, you will find more information on:
- The 2020 Congressional App Challenge
- New County Guidance on Coronavirus
- Wildfires in Northern California
2020 CONGRESSIONAL APP CHALLENGE
High school students who live in or attend school in California's 11th District are invited to participate in the sixth annual Congressional App Challenge, an app coding competition that gives students the opportunity to hone programming skills, harness their creativity, and gain experience in the STEM fields.
Submissions must include the registration form, application, a demonstration video, and exit questionnaire. To sign up and access these materials visit https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/congressional_app_challenge_2020
Submissions will be accepted until October 19, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. PT/12 p.m. ET.
Daily hospitalizations due to coronavirus and positive tests have remained steady or fallen slightly in Contra Costa, reflecting recent local progress in slowing the spread of the virus. Though these data indicators remain at dangerously high levels, this leveling off has led the County to make small changes to its social distancing health order that will allow certain businesses to begin operating again outdoors. The following updates went into effect Friday, August 28th:
- Personal care services that do not involve close contact with the face, such as nail salons and massage, may begin operating outdoors in accordance with the state-issued industry guidelines and checklist.
- Gyms and fitness centers may begin operating outdoors in accordance with their own state guidelines and checklist.
- Hotels and short-term rentals in the county may open for personal or recreational travel, not just for essential business purposes.
Please remember to stay vigilant by continuing to wear a mask and practice social distancing. For more information, visit cchealth.org/coronavirus.
Help yourself and your family stay safe and prepared as wildfires continue to affect air quality in Northern California.
As always, if our office can be of assistance to you, please contact us at (925) 933-2660.